Inhouse Seminar: Interactive Reporting with Power BI
With Power BI, Microsoft provides a software package for the implementation of modern reporting solutions. This includes the graphically supported analysis of large amounts of data as well as interactive reports and dashboards that work on the office screen and on mobile devices. So-called visuals are generated in Power BI on the basis of existing data sources. These are charts and tables with dynamic control options, similar to pivot tables in Excel. The variety and dynamics of the visuals offered bring many advantages but also new challenges. The art of the report designer is to use features sensibly and at the same time to communicate content clearly. This training focuses on the professional visualization of business data based on proven design rules and the technical possibilities of Power BI.
- In the interactive Reporting with Power BI online seminar, you will get to know the Power BI software package and train all the important basics, from loading data into the data model to designing report layouts and publishing the finished reports
- You will be able to use the available graphic and table types correctly, so that the reports and dashboards built from them are as informative and easy to understand as possible
- You will train the use of Power BI on a practical example during the step-by-step implementation of a dashboard according to the previously defined design rules
- Learn about Power BI tools and how to use them
- Understand design rules for user-friendly reports and dashboards
- Import data from various sources into the Power BI data model and develop DAX formulas for data analysis and special display tricks
- Build report pages with graphs, tables, and interactive filtering
- Use drilldown and drillthrough features and tooltips wisely
- Realize sophisticated navigation options with bookmarks
- Enable dynamic additional features (e.g. simulation parameters)
- Integrate custom visuals (free of charge) into your own reports
- Prepare and publish layouts for desktop and mobile devices
- Train implementation using practical application examples
To participate in this seminar, Power BI must be set up beforehand. You need a valid user account for the Power BI service (registration at: powerbi.microsoft.com), which you can access online during the seminar (e.g. via WIFI). You will also need a current version of Power BI Desktop on your laptop (installation required). Please use a prepared notebook and a mouse. Optionally you can use a smartphone or tablet on which the Power BI Mobile App is installed. Previous knowledge of the use of the software tools mentioned is not required.
The seminar Interactive Reporting with Power BI is aimed at everyone who wants to implement user-friendly and informative reports and dashboards with Power BI.